Thawing Raw Juice
Everyone seems to have their own preference.
Whether it be a science or a just a fun challenge. Here are some of the more popular techniques our customers use for thawing their juice, along with a few things to keep in mind.
How long does it take to thaw raw juice?
Ideally the juices should be thawed out one at a time. This will ensure that you are able to drink all of the juices you have thawed. We do not recommend re-freezing extra juices that you are unable to consume. Raw juice is perfectly good for three days after thawing. Any longer and the overall nutritional value and quality begins to degrade.
Approximate thawing times:
- Refrigerator: 10-12 hours (overnight)
- Refrigerator: 5-6 hours (immersion)
- Room temperature: 2-3 hours (counter)
- Cold water immersion: 1-2 hours (pitcher)
- Warm water immersion: 15-30 minutes (pitcher)
Tips and tricks.
- Never heat raw juices (i.e. in a microwave).
- When thawing multiple bottles, separate them as much as possible so each side gets air to speed up the thaw time.
- Use a water pitcher to immerse the bottle to accelerate thawing.
- Keep the water level in the pitcher so that it is lower than the cap of the bottle.
- When thawing juice in the refrigerator, some areas of an appliance may be colder than others.